Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Haul, Reviews, and Catching Up

I have failed epicly at keeping up with this blog! I was staying decently active while my boyfriend was deployed, when I first started. Then he came home and we settled back into our hectic routine. Naturally, my blogging past time took the back seat. This past week I did my first BIG haul in over a year. It was so exciting for me since I havent hauled in so long. To make things better, Sephora was having their huge 15% off promotion, so I got a lot of things I've been lemming. My fabulous haul included:

-MUFE HD Microfinish blush in Nip Slip

-Kat Von D True Romance Palettes in Ludwig and Memento Mori

-Too Faced Eye Shadow Insurance Policy High Impact Eye Shadow Collection

-Stila Backstage Beauty Eye Shadow Palette - The Runway Look

-Smashbox Cream Eye Liner Palette in Backstage

-Urban Decay Stereophonic 24/7 Set

-Smashbox Try Me Vol. 2 Smashbox Superstars


For being a Beauty Insider, I also got a deluxe sample of Michael Kors Very Hollywood Eau de Parfum and Sephora's Smoothing Primer. I tried the Michael Kors Very Hollywood already and I LOVE it! At first whiff I thought that it was kind of matronly and fussy. As time went on though I adored it. It's a very soft, seductive floral scent. It has key notes of mandarin, gardenia, and vetiver. It's a nice change of pace from my normal scents.

The first product I thought I'd review for you was the Stila Backstage Beauty Eye Shadow Palette - The Runway Look.






What it says it does:
"Stila takes Backstage Beauty front and center this fall with a couture-inspired eyeshadow palette, this luxe collection is high class all the way. The three-pan palette includes both matte and shimmer shades, plus an onyx kajal liner to define and complete your sultry stare."

This is the first Stila eyeshadow I've ever purchased. Sephora had it on sale for $20 so I figured what the heck. If I didnt like it, I'd just pass it on to one of my younger sisters. You got 3 eyeshadows in a black leather, mirrored palette and a small black kajal eyeliner (which I havent tested yet, other than to swatch, so that review is coming). I'm going to do a few FOTDs that show some of the looks you can achieve with this palette in the next couple of days.

The shadows are a matte vanilla, slightly shimmery medium brown, and a satin dark, almost plummy brown. At first, I was kind of thinking that I shouldnt purchase the set because, what do you know, 3 more neutrals to add to my already insane collection of neutral eyeshadows. But now all I can say is WOW! I'm so glad I bought this. The eyeshadows are insanely smooth and silky. The matte cream is really soft and not at all chalky like some matte eyeshadows are. The medium brown has the perfect amount of subtle shimmer. I loved the darkest shade because it looked fabulous next to my blue-green eyes.

I fell in love with this palette immediately. I know this will be the only eyeshadow I take with me when I travel because those 3 shadees are so versatile. It's super portable and you can create a variety of looks. Obviously the popular "Runway" look it's inspired by, a natural, everyday eye (which I sported today!), or a sultry, brown smokey eye when you want some glamour, can all be created with this little palette.

My final verdict: I'm in love! I'm an eyeshadow snob, I will buy a lot but always end up going back to my tried and true favorites. Well those favorites were just given a run for their money. This palette is a must for buy for a Stila eyeshadow virgin or the hardcore makeup junkie. It's portable, convenient, versatile, and high quality. And at only $20 it most definitely is a steal! This blonde thinks you should check it out!

My next love was the Make Up Forever Microfinish HD Blush in Nip Slip.




What it does:
"HD Microfinish Blush combines mattifying and reflecting powders to create a soft-focus effect for a radiant complexion. Its ultra-fine, second-skin texture blends seamlessly, imparting a healthy glow that's hard not to notice." Nip Slip is described as a neutral pink.

First of all the color is gorgeous! It's the perfect flush for my porcelain skin. In the bottle it looks like it isnt as bright as it is, but once you apply it the color is a gorgeous shade of rosy pink. The blush has a very creamy texture and is blendable. The color payoff is buildable, using more or less depending on the color you're hoping to achieve. I found that half a pump is more than enough to give both of my cheeks a natural flush. A full pump was wayyyy too much. I applied it with my fingers, but you could also use a duo-fibre brush. It definitely left me with a healthy glow like they claim. (You can see what it looks like on me in my Stila Runway Palette FOTDs that are coming soon!)

My Final Verdict: Great buy! I'm definitely going to be purchasing a few more of the colors. Just remember that a little goes a long way otherwise, you'll waste a lot of product. Another blonde seal of approval!

More reviews and FOTDs will be coming! Have any of you tried the Stila Runway Palette or MUFE Microfinish Blush? What did you think of them?


1 comment:

  1. great post, girl.:}
    i want to get that Stila pallet, seems like a really nice shades;)X



    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete